Drone: Learn to Fly & Film
Learn how to Fly and shoot like a video drone pro.
What you’ll learn
- Everything you need to know to start flying a drone
- All the legal requirements before piloting a drone
- Learn government safety regulations for drones
- Creating flight paths and navigating them
- Drone types and their applications
- How to communicate with your spotter
- 12 Months access to our support forums
- 20% off on all hires from our camera rental partners
- We’ll review and comment/support your next 5 videos you create after your course
- Camera Kit List – Everything you’ll need to get started
Are you looking to improve or even learn how to fly a drone for video? Perhaps you’re a freelance filmmaker who wants to capture your very own aerial footage? Maybe you’d like to train one of your staff in the ways of the drone? Well this is the course for you.
Add seriously production quality to your videos by learning everything you need to know about drones, including how to fly them, tips on capturing great aerial footage, safe practices and even a little on the legalities and processes of drone flight.
After this course you will be able to confidently negotiate clearance, plan your path, then fly and shoot like a pro.
Remember: you can take up any one of our courses in every state across Australia. If a course near you isn’t available, please fill in the “Interested in this course” form on this page and we will get in contact with you to ensure we can provide something suitable.
What to expect
- The day starts with a welcome to the school. We will get to know the teacher and the students.
- Before the practical training we learn a little about drones in general and receive advice from some of the best pilots in the world.
- Next is the legal knowledge required to properly drone. You will learn about safe drone practices, acquiring rights and software you may need to stay up to date.
- Time to get hands on with drones. Get comfortable with the basics of flight as you practice.
- After lunch it’s time to fly! We will start slow with a takeoff and landing; then the basics of movement. What better way to learn what shots work well from the air than to be shooting in the air.
- End your education with shooting skills like aerial flyovers, subject following, revolves and more.
- The final test is a mini course designed to challenge you new skills.
- After the course is complete, students are encouraged to enjoy drinks and canapes while they celebrate a job well done.
- All graduates will now receive their certificate.
Find a course near you:
|Induction / Welcome Details||00:30:00|
|All about Drones – MOD0043 Details||00:30:00|
|All About Drones – MOD0043 quiz||00:05:00|
|Drone Legal – MOD0044 Details||00:30:00|
|Drone Legal – MOD0044 quiz||00:05:00|
|Drone Practice – MOD0046 Details||01:30:00|
|Lunch / Break Details||00:45:00|
|Drone Flying Basics – MOD0045 Details||04:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.